Placement Cell - A body consisting of the Placement Officer, Faculty members and the Student Placement Committee.
Job/Internship Offer - If a student’s name appears on the final shortlist declared after the company’s process through the Placement Office, then that would be considered as an offer to the student.
- Duration of the internship for the final yearites would be between four to six months which would be during their 8th semester.
- Duration of the internship for the pre-final yearites would be between six to eight weeks which would be during the summer semester after third year.
Rejection of an offer - An offer made will be considered rejected if the concerned student informs the placement cell about the rejection in person and in writing.
Pre-placement Offer - A job offer made to a student who received an internship offer on campus earlier by the same company.
All students graduating from the institute in the year 2018 are eligible to
participate in the placement activities.
A student can participate in the placement process of a company subject to the following conditions:
- A student can participate in the placement process of a company subject to the following conditions:
- He/She meets the requirements/eligibility criteria specified
- By the company and
- By the placement policy
There are 3 kinds of offers that are possible:
- Internship + Job (I+J)
- Job (J) only
- Internship (I) only
For Internship + Job (I+J) and Job (J), CTC declared by the company will be used for category determination.
For Internship (I) only, post internship offered CTC for employees will be used for category determination.
All companies are classified in two categories
- Category I - 9 Lakhs Per Annum(LPA) and above
- Category II - Below 9 Lakhs Per Annum
All offers are calculated based on CTC (Cost To Company)
A student who gets placed (gets a Job (J) or Internship+Job offer (I+J)) in category I company is out of the placement process and the offer he/she receives is the final offer and no further switching is applicable.
A student who gets placed (gets a Job (J) or Internship+Job offer(I+J)) in category II company has strictly one chance to switch. He/She can switch only if they fulfil the following condition
- If offer received in category II is x LPA then he can switch to a company which provides offer of 1.5*x LPA or above.
|x LPA||1.5 x LPA|
If he/she uses a switch, then the first offer will stand cancelled and the
second offer becomes the valid standing offer. A student cannot use more
than one switch.
A student who gets an Internship offer (I) in any category has strictly one chance to switch. He/She can switch to a category I or category II company (any offer: Internship (I), Internship+Job (I+J) or a Job offer (J)) and utilize his/her switch strictly once.
If the new offer received is Internship (I) or Internship+Job (I+J), the previous internship will stand cancelled. He/She will not be given a choice.
If the new offer made is a Job offer and it allows students to have internship elsewhere, then they will be allowed keep both.
At the discretion of the Placement Office, certain offers are put into Dream category.
All students (even if they have used their switch) can sit for a dream category company. However, if a student gets an offer in a dream company, his/her previous standing offer is rejected and the student is out of the placement process (even further dream companies).
Offer of a Job
- The company shall provide the offer letters to the Placement Office and not directly to the students.
- When the Placement Office receives an offer letter from a company for a student, it shall communicate the same to her/him.
- A time period will be declared where students have to inform the Placement Office regarding his/her decision on the offer. If he/she fails to do so, it shall be assumed that the offer has been rejected by him/her.
- The purview of the Placement Office is restricted only to the offers made as part of the campus placement process.
Rejection of an Offer
- If a student participates in the placement process of a company, then he/she cannot leave it in between. If such a case arises, then it will be deemed as rejection of the offer.
- An offer made will be considered rejected if the concerned student informs the placement cell about the rejection in person and in writing.
- A student can upgrade only once by rejecting a category II offer. If a student rejects a category I company, then he/she is considered as not interested in the placement process.
- Student can only reject one offer at maximum, if they reject the second offer than he/she becomes ineligible for the placement process.
- On upgrading to a higher category company, the previous offer stands rejected.
- If a student does not inform the Placement Office regarding his/her decision on acceptance of an offer within the declared time period, then it will be deemed as rejection of the offer.
Summer Internship Offer
The following policy is only for summer internship that is offered to students for a period of six to eight weeks after the third year.
- If a student participates in the internship process of a company, then he/she cannot leave it in between. If such a case arises, then it will be considered the student is not interested in the internship process and won’t be allowed to sit for further companies offering summer internship.
- If the student participates in the internship process of a company and gets an internship offer he cannot reject it or leave the internship mid way. It is mandatory for the student to accept the offer and work for the stipulated time.
- All the companies offering summer internships would fall under the same category and no upgradation of the offers are allowed.